Last Saturday was a return to retrieving with Doc, Mia and Elettra.
Each of the guys got three bumpers and wings to retrieve, and everyone did a good job retrieving as well as honoring each other’s retrieves.
After working each individually, I planted three bumpers and sent all of them out for some competitive searching.
This past Friday, I followed up with a “duck search” in the pasture in which I planted three bumpers and two bird wings throughout the pasture, then sent the guys out one at a time on blind retrieves.
We ran the drill twice and everyone did quite well, particularly since this was the first time we ran it. Nobody gave up on their searching even though it sometimes took them 15 minutes or more to find one.